Saturday 16 July 2016

Pirri-pirri-burr at Skipwith Common (VC61)

After a solid morning recording along the canal in Selby (VC64) I thought I deserved a bit of a break from my VC so headed over the border to Skipwith Common. This is a site I have been meaning to visit for a long time but have never quite made it.

It proved an interesting site if hard work for the botanist, while the habitats are of high quality they are not the most species-rich of British habitats. This non-native caught my eye growing in abundance along Sandy Lane, it has been recorded for the site before but apparently not from this tetrad. I had to be careful not get the burrs caught in my clothing as it would not be good to assist its spread elsewhere.

Pirri-pirri-burr (Acaena novae-zelandiae)

No comments:

Post a Comment